Travel Health

a close up of a map

Do you need vaccinations?

Our Nurses can provide comprehensive travel health advice and arrange for appropriate immunisations. Please arrange an appointment for a travel consultation at least 6-8 weeks before departure if possible. Vaccines need time to take effect and some may require a course over several weeks.

Select the region you are travelling to find out more.


Central Asia

East Asia

Australasia & Pacific


Central America

Europe & Russia

Middle East

North America

South America & Antarctica

We Are a Registered Yellow Fever Centre

The vaccine against YF has been used for more than 60 years. It works very well and lasts for a long period of time. Most people do not have any problems with the vaccine. Vaccination can only be given in approved YF vaccination centres (YFVCs). Mandalay Medical Centre is an approved site.

YF vaccine must be given 10 days or more before your trip to be effective and to be officially accepted by the country to which you are travelling. Travellers who are leaving sooner than the 10 day interval should discuss with our nurse whether to get YF vaccine. You must carry your International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis with you during travel. It is an official record of your vaccination and may be requested by immigration officials. On administering the vaccine, our nurse will give you this certificate. For international travel, the YF certificate lasts for 10 years.

There is a £60 charge; this is for the vaccination and the certificate. If you are not a registered patient with Mandalay but wish to make a appointment for a yellow fever vaccination please call 01204 309 206 and speak to our reception team.

Travel Assessment

We offer a full travel advice and immunisation service. If you are travelling abroad please arrange an appointment with one of our nurses. We recommend 6-8 weeks before your journey.

a person using a laptop computer sitting on top of a wooden table

Further Travel Information

The following websites will give you additional travel advice

Travel Health for information of vaccinations available on NHS

MASTA for private vaccination clinics for specific country travel advice

EHIC to apply for your free European Health Insurance Card